Please click here for COVID-19 updates

Call the practice

01785 252536



Endodontics is the branch of dentistry that deals with the inner part of the tooth, the dental pulp. Dental pulp is the part in the centre of the tooth that is made up of living tissue and cells. Endodontists are specialists who have undergone additional postgraduate training.

When do I need to see an Endodontist?

If you are experiencing tooth pain, tooth sensitivity or swelling, make an appointment with your dentist and they will refer you to an endodontist if the issue is related to the inner tooth.

What treatments do Endodontists provide?

Endodontists provide treatments relating to the inner portion of the tooth, like root canal treatments. They also specialise in removing inflamed or infected dental pulp, cleaning and shaping the canal system and then sealing the space to prevent further issues.